Sunday, September 27, 2009

Travel Art

I was contemplating whether to pack acrylic paints for a short getaway with family and friends. In the end, I dumped the paints because it did not make sense to lug around a heavy bag for a few days spent at a beach resort. Yet, I did not want to be caught unprepared when the mood to paint struck. So, I took my chinese brushes, bottle of ink and two sketchpads. I even brought along watercolour paints. In the end, I only made use of the ink.

Coconut trees in front of the beach.Small coconuts make interesting subjects on the dining table.
A cat hung around during meal times and we fed it with whatever extra food we had. My first attempt to paint this cat was disastrous because it looked like a giant rat.This is a improved version of the earlier painting because the rat features were less pronounced.
Preparing dinner at the dining table.
Washing up - we need more young volunteers.
The rain came in the afternoon leaving behind wet and coolness.
The kitchen from the bar counter.

More of the cat...



No comments: