Thursday, June 10, 2010

Friendship Art

Today I want to dedicate this post to my artist friend Linda who gave me this small painting of Alaska that she did. I guess one day we hope to be able to go on an Alaskan Cruise in a class reunion bash to celebrate our entrance into the next decade in our lives. Though I doubt if this thought will materialise I will always treasure this gift from my friend. In addition she also gave me two of her artwork done in pastels, one of flowers on her dining room table and the other a still life in my favourite colours. I like them very much as they exude a warmth that can only come from painting what is in her home.

Some time back, my friend pleasantly surprised me with these gifts of her handwork - painted clay models of a basket with cherries and a small pot of roses. I especially like the cherries and the leaves.

Thank you my friend for the treasures you have so generously given to me.

No comments: