Sunday, August 1, 2010

Joo Chiat drawings

This was the first sketch I made in Joo Chiat. Actually I was not able to complete it because I was late and people were moving on to another part of Joo Chiat. I did not want to be left behind and conveniently too a shot for completion at home.


I did not have much time to do a proper sketch on the spot. This drawing was touched up at home with an ink pen and and 8B pencil that I used to do some light shading so that the windows stand out. I particularly like the creeper draping over one part of the window.

I wanted to make a colourful sketch as aI felt that using black ink would not bring out the character of this building with two green dragons facing each other on the roof. So I used my magic pencil - the one with the multi-coloured lead. Rather childish in rendition but I wanted to look at this building by doing a sketch I enjoy.
I was sitting at a coffee shop opposite and was fascinated by the large tree.
I used an 8B pencil just to try out a different way of drawing. The lead was very soft and the drawing smudged easily. No matter, it was a new experience.


No comments: