Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sunflower for HOT

A sunflower from my heart and my brush to brighten up my friend's birthday. Sunflowers hold the power to bring cheer to anyone looking at it. For me it symbolises friendship. I have drawn and painted sunflowers before. This time I experimented with Chinese brush painting, doing a quick sketch on rice paper and filling up the details with a mix of water colours and white acrylic paints. Again I have chosen to use the western oil painting technique because my first love is still painting with oil and acrylic. Chinese brushes hasten my painting process by allowing me to outline my ideas quickly and smoothly and for me this blend of east and west approach works best because I am an impatient person and yet I like details.
The original painting.

No comments: