Sunday, May 18, 2008

A morning in paradise

It has been ages since I last visited a library. We have fantastic libraries in Singapore where you can find expensive books that ordinary people like us would not think of buying on a regular basis. At the Jurong East Regional library I chanced upon a big and heavy book in the Photography section. It was a book titled 'Desert Eves: an indian paradise' and it documented the work of Hans Silvester in the Thar Desert in the state of Rajasthan in India. His photographs were just overwhelmingly beautiful. So beautiful that I could not help but want to take it home to look at the photos at leisure. The photos of the women in colourful costumes living out their lives in poverty amidst the harshness of the desert filled my senses so much so that I had to do something with them.








No comments: