Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tokyo characters at a Rock Concert

I happened to be sitting in a cafe with a glass window that gave me a clear view of the corridor outside where teens gathered to show off their anime impressionisms before the start of a rock concert in Tokyo a few years ago.
It was a sight to experience - these kids not just dressed the part but also adopted the mannerisms and the expressions of the characters they dress up as.

There were scary-looking characters, witches, characters that looked like they were there to make a kill with lots of blood spattered on the floor and hopefully not on the glass pane in front of me. I only had a small pocket-sized notebook and did my best to capture the imaginative costures while pretending to be busy planning the next day's itinerary.

I wish I had more time so that I could have enjoyed the drawing experience rather than just being focussed on capturing the costume designs before the kids stream into the concert hall.











No comments: