Monday, July 5, 2010

I've decided to use colour pencils more often for it is the easiest medium to use. This means that I will be more inclined to draw and colour instead of always giving myself the excuse that it is too much of a problem to paint using oil or acrylic. Colour pencils are easy to carry around and I shall seriously explore this medium from now on.

What I like about drawing and painting is that I can eliminate ugly contraptions and things that do not fit into my idea of what is beautiful by simply not including them in my picture. Compare my drawing with the photo of the scene at West Coast Park.

At home, I used the 6-colour pencil to capture what I think my plant should look like. The picture looks nothing like the real plant but this is how I feel about art - that it should not be what you see or think it to be sometimes.



No comments: