Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lavender flowers

This is the first time I did a painting without refering to any photos. I usually like to look at the real thing or if it is landscape, I like to paint on site. When that is not possible, I paint from photos even though I dislike the flatness of a 2-D reference.
Painting from impressions formed from looking at my lavender photos while organising them on my pc without the actual plant before me had its setbacks as I discovered. In the initial paintings, the leaves were not correctly depicted and it was rather tricky to make them look right. After painstakingly making good the mistakes made, I am determined to keep painting these flowers till they become better than this first effort.

2 comments:

alicesg said...

Wow, you are a multi tasker. You are a good poet and painter. I wish I could draw...lol. That is a very beautiful painting. Hahaha....I seems to be like a frog in the bottom of the well.

Mableinsingapore said...

I am just in a neighbouring well and it's good we share our respective skies. I like the sky over your well too where I see things that I do not know much about and get different perspectives of those that I have some knowledge off. Thanks Alice for your constant encouragement that keeps me doing more of the little bit of everything that I try my hand at. Cheers!