Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Moments that were well lived

Drawing the outline of a tile painting (set of three hanging on my wall) with a soft ink pen.
I may leave it as it is or I may try to brush-paint over it.
A diversion - painting copies from the brush painting book I bought that teaches you how to paint animals, flowers and people.
When I had finished with those above, I thought I would try to capture the essence of the Cantonese Opera 'Princess Chang Ping' in the VCD cover picture. Art for me now is pure experimentation. I have no aim to meet any pre-conceived expectations that others may have in terms of creativity and technique. I wield a brush the way a dancer holds a fan and paint the way she dances to the melody in her heart. Because I have adopted this attitude towards my endeavour in art, I am now experiencing a freedom to explore different ways to enjoy art that I did not possess before.

No comments: